Controlling and Reusing Query Plans with Kalen Delaney
Join the author of the Inside SQL Server series for this full-day seminar on March 26th, 2008. It will cover techniques available for determining if, when and how you should override the optimizer's choice of query plans. It will also cover how to determine if your plans are being reused, how you can determine if reuse is desirable for your queries, and how you can control query caching behavior.
Although the demonstrations will be run on SQL Server 2005, much of the information presented will relevant to SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2008 as well.
This seminar will cover the following topics:
Location: Overland Park Convention Center in Room 4. You can park (OPCC Parking Map) on the north side of the convention center and come in the back door. We should be on the left side as you come in the door. Look for the signs to the "Kalen Delaney Seminar".
Schedule: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM on Wednesday, March 26th, 2008. (Registration starts at 8AM.)
Pricing: Register Now for $349.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and check. Your seat is reserved once we receive payment. Please send payment to the address on the contact us page. The registration site will allow you to print out an invoice if one is needed.
Notes: Lunch is provided. Seats are limited so sign up quickly.
- Registration will start at 8AM and Kalen will start speaking at 9AM. We're expecting about 75 people so there shouldn't be a huge rush at registration.
- We will have a light breakfast available including pastries, juices, coffee and tea.
- Lunch will be an Italian buffet with a couple of different choices including vegetarian. If you have other dietary needs please contact us. We'll also have morning and afternoon breaks with snacks.
- There is wireless Internet access available in the lobby. Update: It looks like we probably won't be able to use the Internet access from within our room.
- We are planning to have hand-outs of the presentation material that you can take notes on.
Kalen Delaney's Biography
Kalen Delaney has worked with SQL Server for 20 years, starting with employment with the Sybase Corporation in 1987. She worked at Sybase in technical support and training until 1992, when she became an independent trainer and consultant. Kalen now offers the most advanced SQL Server Internals training in the world. You can read about her course on her website at www.InsideSQLServer.com
In addition to teaching and consulting, Kalen has a monthly column in SQL Server Magazine, and has written or contributed to several advanced SQL Server books. Inside SQL Server 2005: The Storage Engine was published in October 2006, and her latest book Inside SQL Server 2005: Query Tuning and Optimization was published in September 2007.